Since the beginning of last season, the NBA Referee Operations Department has regularly distributed Points of Emphasis memos to referees that discuss instructions concerning game rules and their enforcement. The memos are also distributed to NBA teams in an ongoing effort to ensure they are up to date on how rules are enforced.
To better educate the media and fans on our points of emphasis, the memos will continue to be posted on NBA.com/official and Media Central.
- 2015-16 Points of Emphasis
- Memo #1: Respect for the Game
- Memo #2: 2015-16-Referee Operations: Screens | NBA Explanatory Criteria for Screens
- Memo #3: Defensive Goaltending and Offensive Basket Interference
- Memo #4: Defensive Three Seconds
- Memo #5 – Team Referee Interaction
- Memo #6: Freedom of Movement
- Memo #7: Traveling from Stationary Position
- Memo #8: Contact on Drives from Stationary Position
- Memo #9: Contact on Drives in Progress
- Memo #10: Last Two Minute Reports and Making The Call
- Memo #11: Freedom of Movement
- Memo #12: Offensive Three-Second Rule