Teams are permitted to challenge specific events.
- Called foul against the challenging team
- Called out-of-bounds (exception – final two minutes of the 4th period and also final two minutes of overtime(s))
- Called goaltending/basket interference (exception – final two minutes of the 4th period and final two minutes of overtime(s))
Reviewable Matters per Rule 11, Section 1 in the NBA Rulebook
- Team must have a call a timeout to challenge (timeout retained if challenge is successful; exception if challenging during the opposing teams timeout).
- One challenge per team (no retention).
- Crew Chief (called fouls)
- Replay Center Official (out-of-bounds and goaltending/basket interference)