Since the 2002-03 season, referees have reviewed all made shots that clear the net with no time remaining on the clock (0:00). This is an automatic trigger and referees are required to conduct the review regardless of score.
During the review, referees use video to confirm, if they can, whether the game clock expired before the ball left the shooter’s hand.
- Game clock expired before the ball left the shooters hand
- Successful field goal was scored correctly as a 2pt field goal or 3pt field goal
- Shooter committed a boundary line violation immediately prior to the release of the shot
- 24-second clock expired
- 8-second backcourt violation.
- The officials determine if basket counts
- Instant replay would NOT be used to check a successful basket if the throw-in, free throw attempt or jump ball started with .2 or .1 on the game clock
Final Ruling: Referees in the Replay Center