Since the 2008-09 season, referees have reviewed all situations in which officials are not reasonably certain whether a successful field goal was scored correctly as a 2-point or 3-point field goal or, in the case of a called shooting foul, whether the player was attempting a 2-point or 3-point field goal.
In the case of a possible foul, the review takes place immediately before the free-throw attempts so referees know how many shots to award.
- Made field goal was scored correctly as a 2pt FG or 3pt FG
- A player fouled was attempting a 2pt FGA or 3pt FGA
- Shooter committed a boundary line violation immediately prior to the release of the shot
- 24-second violation occurred prior to the ball being released or foul occurring
- On a made basket Replay Review will be conducted according to the following:
- In the first three periods: review at next timeout or period break
- In 4th period prior to second (mandatory) timeout: review at next timeout
- In 4th period after second timeout and all overtime periods: review at next clock stoppage
- Upon review of the made basket, a point may be added or deducted from the team’s score
- On a foul call, to determine the correct number of free throws to be attempted, Replay Review will be conducted immediately
- Upon review of the foul, the correct number of free throws to be attempted is determined
Final Ruling: Referees in Replay Center